Answered By: Shannon Brooks Last Updated: Aug 19, 2014 Views: 130
The purpose of the Promoting Athletic Student Success (PASS) program at Southern Wesleyan University is to support student-athletes by promoting scholarship through intentional, purposeful, and consistent academic accountability.
It is our hope that students will experience deep transformation as they discover their God-given gifts in the context of the SWU community.
To accomplish the above purpose, PASS will:
- Promote efficient and timely communication between the SWU athletic department staff, campus partners, professors, and student-athlete populations
- Provide opportunities for PASS participants to celebrate academic success in the form of presentations and Success Days
- Encourage the development of Christ-like character by valuing and promoting traits of honesty, accountability, and personal responsibility.
- Mentor students as they acquire the life skills necessary to positively impact the world for Christ.
Any student meeting ANY of the following criteria is required to complete 5 “Success Hours” a week with the program.
- Semester GPA below a 1.5 OR Cumulative GPA below a 2.0
- Not in good academic standing (Academic Probation or Academic Warning)
- Conditional Admits
- Partial Qualifiers
- iCare Referral (at the discretion of the program coordinator and Director of Retention)